Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
* Sign up for Nixle for emergency alerts and advisories. Text your zip code to 888-777 or visit http://www.nixle.com/
* Make sure electronics are charged, your vehicles are full of gas, and that you have enough food and water for several days. Have a plan in place for possible power outages or evacuation.
* When possible, park vehicles in your driveway prior to and during winter storms. Don’t drive during or immediately after storm conditions. Roads can be hazardous and traffic interferes with efforts to remove ice and snow.
* Help roads get plowed faster! On Saturday, 1/29 park on the odd side of the street. Streets will be plowed when snow accumulation reaches 3 inches.
* When shoveling, place snow up on the curb and out of the street to prevent it from ending up in your driveway or that of your neighbors. Don’t throw snow into the street. This can cause accidents and delays the plowing process.
* Property owners are responsible for removing snow from sidewalks along their property within 24 hours of the end of snowfall (48 hours if a State of Emergency has been declared).
* Please keep fire hydrants clear.
* Remember to have patience when dealing with winter storms. Don’t over exert yourself, stay hydrated and wear layers. For questions about snow removal, contact City of Asbury Park Public Works (732) 775-0900.