Safe Routes to School Project
The purpose of this project is to support Safe Routes to School (SRTS) safety and access improvements by implementing traffic calming measures on Third Avenue and Fourth Avenue between Prospect Avenue and Comstock Street. The project Design and Construction cost is funded by federal funds administered through NJDOT Local Aid Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program and Design Assistance.
PROPOSED PROJECT LIMITS AND IMPROVEMENTS MAY INCLUDE:
- Installing mini-roundabouts at the intersections of:
- Fourth Avenue & Prospect Avenue
- Fourth Avenue & Bridge Street
- Fourth Avenue & Pine Street
- Fourth Avenue & Comstock Street
- Third Avenue & Prospect Avenue
- Installing Driver Feedback (Your Speed Is) signs at the intersections of:
- Fourth Avenue & Central Avenue
- Fourth Avenue & Jeffrey Street
- Third Avenue & Central Avenue
- Third Avenue & Bridge Street
- Installation of a four-way stop at Third Avenue & Comstock Street
- Removal of the Existing Traffic Signal at Third Avenue & Pine Street
- Shared lane markings / bicycle lanes on Third Avenue (between Ridge Avenue and Memorial Drive)
ANTICIPATED PROJECT SCHEDULE:
Design Phase Completed: 2022
VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETING INFORMATION - WEDNESDAY 12/15/21:
The City of Asbury Park held a Public Information Center (PIC) to provide local residents and businesses with information on the 2018 SRTS Asbury Park - Traffic Calming, Bike and Pedestrian Safety Upgrades, Third Ave & Fourth Ave between Prospect Avenue and Comstock Street project. Please see the links below to the presentation and the plans from the first PIC.
PUBLIC COMMENT DUE BY 1/5/2022:
If you are unable to participate in the public meeting on 12/15/21 or want to provide comments after the meeting, please click here to provide comment by January 5, 2022.