Special Events

The City of Asbury Park is host to hundreds of special events each year including road races, community block parties, fundraisers, festivals, parades, religious events, weddings, yard sales, sidewalk sales and more.

We are delighted that you will be attracting visitors, building community, supporting local businesses and energizing our City.

The Special Events Permit process is designed to make recommendations and establish guidelines for events based on City ordinances, requirements and regulations. These recommendations and requirements are intended to minimize impact on area residents, businesses and organizations, and ensure the City’s ability to provide emergency services to the public. It also serves to help those hosting events to consider all the logistics necessary for operating a safe and successful event.

The Special Events Department works with other City departments to make sure all necessary permits, licenses, agreements and insurance are in place for these events.

Who Needs a Special Events Permit?

A Special Events Permit is needed for any event that impacts the public, public property and/or City services, including street closures, Police, Fire, EMS and Public Works services. Special Events Permits may also be required for events hosted on private property, for example with the installation of tents or serving food or beverage on private property where otherwise prohibited by the law.

How Does It Work?

Once an Special Events Permit Application is submitted, the Special Events Committee, comprised of the Recreation, Fire and Police Departments, reviews the application for all necessary licenses, agreements and insurance coverage. Once approved by the Special Events Committee, the application is then submitted to Asbury Park City Council for formal approval.

For those looking to host a wedding, a Special Events Permit can be requested by filling out a Wedding Application.

Please note: Submitting a Special Events Permit Application or Wedding Application does not guarantee permission from the City of Asbury Park.

Applications & Resources

For the Special Events Permit Application, click here.

Click here for a list of City Facilities.

For questions on your application, contact Director of Special Events Leesha Floyd at leesha.floyd@cityofasburypark.com or 732-502-5759.