Zoning Board of Adjustment
Please Note: Links to view applications for upcoming Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings can be found below. Contact Board Secretary Irina Gasparyan with any questions at 732-502-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Applications for Upcoming Zoning Board Meetings:
* 300 Sixth Avenue, 300 6th Avenue, LLC, Block 3606, Lot 5 (New Date TBA)
* 1302 Mattison Avenue, 1302 Mattison, LLC, Block 1101, Lot 23 (Zoning Board 8/11/20; 6/23/20; 6/9/20; 5/26/20; 4/28/20)
* 321 Sunset Avenue, New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC (“AT&T”), Block 3606 Lot 10 (Zoning Board 8/11/20; 5/26/20)
- 321 Sunset - Complete Application Documents
- 321 Sunset - Drawings-Photosimulations
- 321 Sunset - Board Professional Reports
- 321 Sunset - Exhibits
* 704 Fourth Avenue, 13 Grand Point Way, LLC; Block 2805 Lot 5 (Zoning Board 9/8/20; 7/14/20)
- Generally the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- City Hall
1 Municipal Plaza
City Council Chambers
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Zoning Board of Adjustment
The City of Asbury Park Zoning Board of Adjustment (Zoning Board) is responsible for deciding on certain types of variance applications including "d" or use type variances. The Zoning Board is also responsible for deciding on "c" or bulk type variances except where they are ancillary to an application for subdivision, site plan, or conditional use permit reviews.
The Zoning Board also has the power to hear an appeal of the decision of the Zoning Officer, and has the power to hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map, and the City’s land development regulations.
The Zoning Board is comprised of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members.
To Submit an Application to the Zoning Board
Submit completed application forms (see Resource section below), along with all required documents, to Michele Alonso, Director of Planning and Redevelopment for review.
- Application for Interpretation or Appeal (DOC)
- Variance Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Site Plan Application and Checklist (DOC)
- Subdivision Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Political Contribution Statement (PDF)
- Request for Certified Property Owner List from Municipal Tax Assessor (DOC)
- W-9 Form required for all escrow accounts (PDF)