Zoning Board of Adjustment
Please Note: Links to view applications for upcoming Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings can be found below. Contact the Board Secretary with any questions or assistance with documents at 732-502-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Applications for Upcoming Zoning Board Meetings:
*830 Dunlewy, Justin Neden, Block 3504, Lot 16 (Zoning Board 10/26/21)
- 830 Dunlewy Complete Application Documents
- 830 Dunlewy Board Planner Reports (CCH)
- 830 Dunlewy Notices
*407 Fourth Avenue, Adler, Block 3504, Lot 16 (WITHDRAWN)
* 705 Sunset Avenue, Savitha Rao, Block 2902, Lot 9 (Zoning Board APPROVED 6/8/21; 5/25/21; 4/27/2021)
- 705 Sunset Submitted Documents
- 705 Sunset Board Planner Reports (CCH)
- 705 Sunset Submitted Exhibits (Photos)
- 705 Sunset Revised Submission for 5/25/21 Meeting (Carried to 6/8/21)
- 705 Sunset Supplemental information for 6/8/21 Meeting
* 1121 Asbury Avenue, Nicole Graham and Scott Schedivy, Block 1602 Lot 27, (Zoning Board APPROVED 5/11/21)
- Generally the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- City Hall
1 Municipal Plaza
City Council Chambers
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
- Rules for Public Comment
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
About the Zoning Board of Adjustment
The City of Asbury Park Zoning Board of Adjustment (Zoning Board) is responsible for deciding on certain types of variance applications including "d" or use type variances. The Zoning Board is also responsible for deciding on "c" or bulk type variances except where they are ancillary to an application for subdivision, site plan, or conditional use permit reviews.
The Zoning Board also has the power to hear an appeal of the decision of the Zoning Officer, and has the power to hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map, and the City’s land development regulations.
The Zoning Board is comprised of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members.
To Submit an Application to the Zoning Board
Submit completed application forms (see Resource section below), along with all required documents, to Michele Alonso, Director of Planning and Redevelopment for review.
- Application for Interpretation or Appeal (DOC)
- Variance Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Site Plan Application and Checklist (DOC)
- Subdivision Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Political Contribution Statement (PDF)
- Request for Certified Property Owner List from Municipal Tax Assessor (PDF)
- W-9 Form required for all escrow accounts (PDF)