Important Note: All City facilities are currently closed to the public. During this time, all requests for certified copies of vital records (birth, marriage, death certificates) should be placed with the NJ Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics online at:https://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/order-vital/online-requests/index.shtm For questions, call 732-502-5721.
The City Clerk serves as:
- Administrator of a variety of licenses and permits
- Custodian of all public records and is the custodian of the City Seal
- Election Official for all elections and serves as the Chief Registrar of Voters for the City
- Liaison between the governing officials and the public
- Secretary to the City Council
The City Clerk also prepares the minutes and agendas for all City Council meeting, as well as the City Council schedule and public notices.
All licenses not listed on this page must be applied for in person at the City Clerk’s office during normal business hours.