- Generally the 3rd Monday of the month at 6 p.m.
- Parlor Gallery
717 Cookman Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
About the Public Arts Commission
The Public Arts Commission facilitates the development of public art within the City of Asbury Park, recognizing that art is integral to the vibrancy of the community. The Commission ensures that all public art contributions to the City complement the buildings and neighborhoods with which they are associated, and that they are guided by the current strategies for economic development and tourism, enhancing neighborhood and community identity, and educating children and adults.
The Public Arts Commission reviews applications for the creation of public art within the City including, but not limited to:
- The erection, painting and/or installation of murals
- Oversees the commission and creation of artwork where appropriate on municipal and private property
- Advises the Mayor and Council, as well as other agencies of the City, with regards to matters which affect the creation of public art within the City
- Develops and regularly reviews a public art plan and guidelines
To Schedule a Meeting
To schedule a meeting with the Asbury Park Public Arts Commission, review the Public Art Application and Checklist (PDF) and submit your application, along with all required documents.