Support Services includes the Records and Discovery Unit and Technical Services.
Records & Discovery Unit
Records and Discovery Unit is responsible for maintaining all police documents and evidence pertaining to:
- Death Reports
- Missing Persons
- Motor Vehicle Crashes
In addition, the Records and Discovery Unit is responsible for the following:
- Account for all monies brought in and report monthly on same.
- Discovery to defense attorneys and the Municipal Prosecutor.
- Maintaining reports in accordance with State Archival Standards.
- Merging police reports from the computers in the police vehicles to the operating system in the police department.
- Processes all requests for copies of Motor Vehicle Crashes for insurance companies.
- Registration of alarm systems and billing for same.
- Releasing reports in accordance with the guidelines of the State of New Jersey, the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and Right to Know.
If you would like to request any public records please follow these steps:
- Download and print the City of Asbury Park Open Public Records Act Request Form
- Complete the form by following the rules listed on the request.
- Bring the form to the City of Asbury Park Police Department Records Bureau with the requested fees.
The public may obtain reports by requesting them from the Records Department from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
See more information in regards to the Open Public Records Act.