Bulk Waste, Compost, & Other Waste or Recycling
Bulk waste will be collected (3 items max per pick up) on the second garbage day of the week according to your zone.
Bulk waste includes:
- Large chairs
- Mattresses or box springs wrapped in plastic
- Wooden bed frames
- Wooden bookcases
Bulk waste does not include:
- White goods (refrigerators, stovers, freezers, etc)
- Yard waste
Televisions and other electronics may be dropped off at the Asbury Park Recycling Center.
Televisions and other electronics include:
- DVD players
- Cell phones
Please note that pick-up by DPW is not available for televisions.
Tire Drop Off: Monmouth County Reclamation Center
Free tire drop off (18 inches or less with no rims) for Monmouth County residents only. A resident ID is required. Limit of 8 car tires.
Drop off at Monmouth County Reclamation Center. Use Gate A.
For more information, call the Monmouth County Reclamation Center at 732-683-8686 or visit the Monmouth County Reclamation Center website.
A resident must contact the Department of Public Works (DPW) at 732-775-0900 to schedule the pick-up of white goods. A maximum of five items will be collected with each pick-up.
White goods include:
- Air conditioners
- All metal items
- BBQ grills
- Metal tables
Leaves are collected between October 15th to December 31st. Between October 15th and December 31st, DPW will collect leaves weekly.
- Place leaves in either biodegradable leaf bags or loose in piles at curbside, leaving a 6-inch gap between leaf piles and the curb to allow stormwater to flow through.
- Do not place leaf piles within 10 feet of storm inlets or rake leaves into the street as gutters and storm sewers can become blocked causing localized flooding during moderate-to-heavy rainfall.
- Clean leaf piles only. Do not include branches, grass clippings, dirt, or brush in leaf piles. If leaf piles are dirty, they will not be picked up.
Yard Waste & Grass Clippings
- Yard waste includes:
- Old flowers/plants
- Grass, leaves, and dirt are not to be included.
- Put yard waste in bags and place curbside for pick up on your scheduled garbage day.
- Branches can be placed curbside for pick up on your scheduled garbage day. Branches must be tied in bundles no heavier than 60 pounds and no longer than 4 feet.
- The City does not pick up tree stumps.
- Cut grass and leave it on your lawn or use it for composting. Grass clippings will not be picked up and are not accepted at our Recycling Center.
- For a fee, Monmouth County Reclamation Center will accept grass clippings. Call 732-683-8686 for details.
Contact the Department of Public Works with questions at 732-775-0900.