Bulk Waste, Compost, & Other Waste or Recycling
Bulk waste must be placed curbside on the second garbage day of the week according to your Zone. A maximum of three items will be collected with each pick-up.
Bulk waste includes:
- Large chairs
- Mattresses or box springs wrapped in plastic
- Wooden bed frames
- Wooden bookcases
Christmas trees may be placed curbside and will be picked up by zone according to your household garbage pickup schedule. Please ensure trees are free of decoration.
Televisions and other electronics may be dropped off at the Asbury Park Recycling Center.
Televisions and other electronics include:
- DVD players
- Cell phones
Please note that pick-up by DPW is not available for televisions.
Tire Drop Off: Monmouth County Reclamation Center
Free tire drop off (18 inches or less with no rims) for Monmouth County residents only. A resident ID is required. Limit of 8 car tires.
Drop off at Monmouth County Reclamation Center. Use Gate A.
For more information, call the Monmouth County Reclamation Center at 732-683-8686 or visit the Monmouth County Reclamation Center website.
A resident must contact the Department of Public Works (DPW) at 732-775-0900 to schedule the pick-up of white goods. A maximum of five items will be collected with each pick-up.
White goods include:
- Air conditioners
- All metal items
- BBQ grills
- Metal tables
Leaves are collected between October 15th to December 31st. Between October 15th and December 31st, DPW will collect leaves weekly.
- Place leaves in either biodegradable leaf bags or loose in piles at curbside, leaving a 6-inch gap between leaf piles and the curb to allow stormwater to flow through.
- Do not place leaf piles within 10 feet of storm inlets or rake leaves into the street as gutters and storm sewers can become blocked causing localized flooding during moderate-to-heavy rainfall.
- Clean leaf piles only. Do not include branches, grass clippings, dirt, or brush in leaf piles. If leaf piles are dirty, they will not be picked up.
Yard Waste & Grass Clippings
- Yard waste includes:
- Old flowers/plants
- Grass, leaves, and dirt are not to be included.
- Put yard waste in bags and place curbside for pick up on your scheduled garbage day.
- Branches can be placed curbside for pick up on your scheduled garbage day. Branches must be tied in bundles no heavier than 60 pounds and no longer than 4 feet.
- The City does not pick up tree stumps.
- Cut grass and leave it on your lawn or use it for composting. Grass clippings will not be picked up and are not accepted at our Recycling Center.
- For a fee, Monmouth County Reclamation Center will accept grass clippings. Call 732-683-8686 for details.
Contact the Department of Public Works with questions at 732-775-0900.